Return to the River Salmon Festival
Join us Saturday, May 13, 2023 from 11am – 3pm by the WWCC ballfields along Tausick Way!
This FREE family-friendly community event celebrates the return of salmon to the Walla Walla Basin each year. The annual event is coordinated jointly by the Water & Environmental Center and the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation in order to provide a glimpse into our region’s rich cultural and natural resource driven history. Mark your calendars!
Here’s an example of what awaits you at this event in this highlight video from the 2019 Return to the River Celebration: video.
2023 Participating Organizations, Institutions, and Agencies include (in alphabetical order):
- Agricultural & Natural Resource Center of Excellence
- Benton County Conservation District
- Blue Mountain Audubon Society
- Blue Mountain Land Trust
- City of Walla Walla – Public Works
- Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission
- Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation – Department of Natural Resources
- Kooskooskie Commons
- Natural Resources Conservation Service (USDA)
- Snake River Salmon Recovery Board
- Sustainable Living Center
- Tri-State Steelheaders
- US Army Corps of Engineers – Mill Creek Project Office
- US Forest Service – Umatilla National Forest
- Walla Walla Basin Watershed Council
- Walla Walla Center for Children and Families
- Walla Walla County Conservation District
- Walla Walla Community College – Welcome Center
- Walla Walla Valley Farm to School
- WA Department of Ecology – Walla Walla Water 2050
- WA Department of Ecology – Nuclear Waster Program
- WA Department of Fish & Wildlife
- Wanapum Heritage Center
- Washington Water Trust
- Water & Environmental Center
- Whitman Mission National Historic Site
- Wine County Culinary Institute
- Vivid Imaginations Face Painting
This event is FREE and also include a salmon release into Mill Creek provided by Tri-State Steelheaders and the Salmon in Schools Program. Salmon releases will take place at Noon, 1pm, and 2pm.
Wine Country Culinary Institute will have their food truck on site to purchase food.
For more information, contact Drew Trogstad-Isaacson.