Return to the River Salmon Festival
Join us Saturday, May 14, 2022; 11am-3pm by the WWCC ballfields off of Tausick Way!
This year will feature booths hosted by:
- CTUIR-Tucannon Habitat, Walla Walla Habitat, Monitoring & Evaluation, Water Resources, Natural Resources, and First Foods
- Sustainable Living Center of Walla Walla
- Tri-State Steelheaders Salmon Enhancement Group
- Umatilla National Forest
- US Army Corps of Engineers Walla Walla Project Office
- Walla Walla Basin Watershed Council
- Walla Walla Center for Children and Families
- Washington Water Trust
- WWCC John Deere Technology
- WWCC Water & Environmental Center
- and more all at no cost!
The event will also include a salmon release into Mill Creek with juvenile salmon provided by Alex Lau and the Salmon in the Classroom Program run by Tri-State Steelheaders. The first salmon release of the day will take place at 11:30am.
Taqueria Mi Pueblito will have their food truck on site if you would like to purchase food.
This family friendly community event celebrates the return of salmon to the Walla Walla Basin each year. The annual event is coordinated jointly by the Water & Environmental Center and the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation in order to provide a glimpse into our region’s rich cultural and natural resource driven history. Mark your calendars!
Here’s an example of what awaits you at this event in this highlight video from the 2019 Return to the River Celebration: video.
For more information, contact Melissa Holecek.