We envision a Center where:
- Public and tribal institutions and agencies, nonprofit organizations, and businesses use collaborative dialogue to educate, address issues, and build pathways for problem solving through partnerships
- WWCC students, K-12 students, teacher and staff, and the public access resources to learn about current and emerging water, land, and environmental issues
- WEC staff are inclusive and respectful of diverse perspectives, values, and identities while nurturing connections and relationahips
To serve as a resource where people can learn, share knowledge, and work together to create healthy natural environments, engaging community dialog, and thriving local economies.
- Learning Opportunities: We value learning and encourage students to acquire a rich and wide body of knowledge as well as a love of their chosen discipline. We provide an environment that fosters active learning and the support services necessary to help all students achieve their potential. Everything we do is focused on expanding student access, retention and completion.
- Sense of Community: We strive to build community. We value a climate where all individuals feel accepted and meaningfully involved in a common cause. We recognize we are interdependent and demonstrate respect for one another.
- Diversity: We oppose all barriers that separate people from opportunities: barriers of socioeconomic status, race and ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, and inexperience with the educational system.
- Health and Humor: We value a healthy environment that encourages humor, creativity, and enjoyment of work. We promote health, wellness, and safety within the College and the communities we serve.
- Excellence: We value superior quality and are dedicated to continued improvement in all college programs and services. We practice an ongoing systematic planning and evaluation process to ensure that our programs and services are distinctive, relevant, responsive, and of the highest quality.
- Integrity: Integrity is an essential component of the common bond within Walla Walla Community College. Efficient accomplishment of institutional goals is based on trust and mutual respect. We value honesty, fairness and ethical behavior.
- Teamwork: We value partnerships within the College and with members of the communities we serve. We practice collaboration in plans, actions, and shared results.
- Innovation: Walla Walla Community College values, respects, and rewards the enthusiastic pursuit of new ideas, creative risk-taking, and entrepreneurial endeavors. Encouraging the pursuit of excellence and innovation will help the College prepare students and staff to shape the future. Creativity is one of our most important resources in the 21st Century.
- Personal and Professional Growth: We value the growth of both our students and staff. We believe that our own engagement in the learning process enhances our ability to enrich our personal lives, careers, and work in the global community.
- Sustainability: Walla Walla Community College values the well-being of our communities and is dedicated to protecting and restoring our resources. We advocate for and demonstrate practices that promote economic and environmental sustainability.