Watershed Management blends the knowledge of biological sciences with the application of cutting-edge technical skills. Professionals will be skilled in identifying and assessing the natural habitat needs of fish and wildlife in relation to healthy ecosystems, with an emphasis on the restoration and management of aquatic environments.
Skills You’ll Develop
- Identifying species and the habitat needs of fish and wildlife
- Collecting samples, completing field surveys, analyzing and reporting data
- Land surveying and computer aided mapping
- Using restoration practices for improving habitat and stream channels
Degree Options The Associate in Applied Arts & Sciences Degree (AAAS) in Watershed Managment is a two year degree program that prepares students for work in the water and conservation industries. A one year certificate in Watershed Managment is also available.
Career Opportunities This is a hands-on outdoor-oriented career field with job opportunities such as:
- Fish and Wildlife Technician
- Habitat Specialist
- Water Quality Technician