The Water & Environmental Center offers paid internships for current WWCC students as funds allow. Although the focus of these internships is on maintaining the Titus Creek Restoration Site, there are opportunities to gain skills and experiences in a variety of areas. Example duties include:
- Maintenance of the Titus Creek Restoration Site, including removal of invasive species, trimming plants, and securing ground cloths
- Lead at least one evening or weekend community work day on Titus Creek each month
- Talk about the Titus Creek Restoration Site and your program of study with interested community members and perspective students as requested
- Assist with conservation work being done by other agencies and organizations
- Help develop, maintain, and/or present Water & Environmental Center education, interpretive and communication resources, including staffing displays and hands-on activities, updating print resources, creating Facebook posts, and website data entry as assigned
- Assist and/or instruct K-12 students who visit the Water & Environmental Center about coursework from your program of study at WWCC as requested (successful applicants must pass a background check)
Please check back in spring 2020 for information regarding available internships and application instructions for summer 2020.