The irrigation industry is experiencing a period of rapid technological advancement in labor saving and water conserving irrigation systems. Highly skilled irrigation professionals are required to design, install, operate and maintain these new products. Irrigation technicians are in high demand in the agriculture, turf maintenance, and landscape industries.
- Designing and installing irrigation systems
- Maintaining and operating irrigation systems
- Reading blueprints and schematics
- Mastering electrical principles and practices
- Assessing agronomic requirements
- Using innovative technologies
- Water management strategies
The Associate in Applied Arts & Sciences Degree (AAAS) in Irrigation Technology is a two year degree program that prepares students for the irrigation and/or for transfer ability to Washington State University. A six month certificate in Irrigation Service is also available. A 2 course short certificate is also available.
This is a highly technical hands-on career field with job opportunities such as:
- Irrigation Designer
- Installation Foreman
- Service Technician
- Sales Personnel
- Irrigation Manager
Contact Melissa Holecek for more information about this exciting program.