We envision a Center where:
- Diverse cultural values are respected and nurtured in rural, urban, and tribal communities.
- Public institutions, nonprofit organization, and business communities use collaborative dialogue to address pressing public issues and build pathways for problem solving through partnerships.
To serve as a place where people with diverse interests and values can learn, share knowledge and work together to create a healthy and sustainable natural environment and thriving local economies.
- Innovation: We encourage the pursuit of excellence and innovation through the enthusiastic pursuit of new ideas, creative risk-taking, and entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Sense of Community: We strive to build a community where all individuals feel accepted and meaningfully involved.
- Sustainability: We dedicate ourselves to protecting and restoring our resources and advocating for and demonstrating practices that promote economic and environmental sustainability.
- Teamwork: We value partnerships within the College and the communities we serve, and embrace collaboration in planning, acting, and sharing results.
- Learning Opportunities: We offer an environment that encourages students to acquire a rich and wide body of knowledge by providing the support necessary to help students achieve their potential and focus on increasing student access, retention and completion.
- Excellence: We are dedicated to continued improvement, and use an ongoing systematic planning and evaluation process to ensure our programs and services are distinctive, relevant, responsive, and of the highest quality.
- Integrity: We value honesty, fairness and ethical behavior, and understand that efficient accomplishment of institutional goals is based on trust and mutual respect.
- Diversity: We oppose all barriers that separate people from opportunities and seek to attract and nurture cultural diversity on our campus and in the communities we serve.
We are committed to creating vibrant local economies and thriving natural ecosystems by:
- Offering educational programs that address 21st Century water and environmental challenges.
- Providing a place for collaborative dialogue to develop effective and useful partnerships.
- Fostering and modeling the use of innovative practices that enhance the economic well-being of our region.
- Enhancing the protection and restoration of natural resources by increasing sustainable practices throughout the region.